A WONDERFUL APPETIZER!
NATIONAL SPINACH DAY!!!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, finely grated (I HAVE OMITED AND STILL DELISH)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup chopped fresh mushrooms (I ALWAYS LEAVE THESE OUT)
- 1 teaspoon each: salt, baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a 13-by-9-inch baking pan over low heat.
- Spread to coat the bottom and sides.
- Mix eggs, onion, cheese, spinach, milk, flour, mushrooms, salt and baking powder in large bowl; spoon into the pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, 35 minutes. Cool slightly; cut into squares. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Yield: 30 servings
adapted from Junior League
OMG…these sound amazing! I love spanikopita and this reminds me of that. I’ll have to make these!
we love spinach and cant’ wait to try this. it looks really good
This is similar tot hat Spinach Parmesan Rice bake, will definitely try out.