A WONDERFUL APPETIZER!
NATIONAL SPINACH DAY!!!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, finely grated (I HAVE OMITED AND STILL DELISH)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup chopped fresh mushrooms (I ALWAYS LEAVE THESE OUT)
- 1 teaspoon each: salt, baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a 13-by-9-inch baking pan over low heat.
- Spread to coat the bottom and sides.
- Mix eggs, onion, cheese, spinach, milk, flour, mushrooms, salt and baking powder in large bowl; spoon into the pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, 35 minutes. Cool slightly; cut into squares. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Yield: 30 servings
adapted from Junior League