While the bread was rising I placed it on parchment and then I just put the dough along with parchment into the pot!
- 3 cups bread flour
- ¼ teaspoon instant yeast (I used active dry SAF yeast and worked great!)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups warm water (70-80 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for greasing the bowl
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until they come together. It will not be a cohesive dough. It will actually be pretty messy looking. Transfer to an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic and let sit for 12-24 hours on the countertop.
- After the waiting period, the dough will be wet and bubbly.
- Dump the dough onto a floured surface.
- With a wet spatula or wet hands, shape the dough into a ball.
- Set the dough ball onto a well-floured piece of parchment that was already cut to fit the inside of your dutch oven pot. Lay the parchment in a bowl, cover with plastic and rest for two hours at room temperature. (or I used oven proofing setting.) It should double in size.
- Preheat oven to 450 and place le creuset dutch oven in to preheat.
- Once dough has risen, transfer parchment and dough into pot and bake 30 minutes covered.
- Uncover and bake another 15 mins.
- Cool on a rack!
Adapted from Jim Lahey, found on That Skinny Chick Can Bake