Brownies + Cookies= Brookies and this recipe ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! Make them now, thank me later!!!!!
1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon (3 teaspoons) vanilla extract
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
In a large bowl, add 4 eggs, and beat with cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Stir until fully combined and smooth.
In the microwave, melt butter. When melted, add sugar, and stir to combine.
Add warm butter/sugar mixture to the egg/cocoa mixture, stirring until smooth.
Add the flour to batter and stir until fully incorporated.
Spread batter into prepared pan, and smooth as needed. Press Oreos into the batter to line pan.
Bake brownies about 10 minutes. Top with choc chip cookie batter -I used small scoops of dough scattered across the top. (I made the recipe below but did not use all of it. I used the leftovers to bake cookies on a sheet pan.) Return to the oven for about 25 minutes until cooked through.
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 (12 oz) bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or regular chips
- Cream butter and sugars. Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking powder and soda and coarse sea salt.
- Mix on low until combined.
- Fold in all chocolate chips.
cookie layer adapted from cookies and cups