This is a decadent and awesome tart! Oreo crust, caramel, ganache! YUM! I get my caramel from Chocoley because it is the best!!! Check out their products-fabulous chocolates there as well for melting and dipping!
Oreo Caramel Tart
- Oreo crust:
- 10 ounces Oreo cookies
- ½ cup butter melted
- I used 1/2 tub from Chocoley or use 1 bag caramels melted with 2 Tablespoons cream
- Ganache filling:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 7 oz dark chocolate I used Ghirardelli Bittersweet chips
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
- Food process Oreos until the texture of coarse meal or crumbs. Add the melted butter and blend.
- Press into a 4×14 fluted rectangular tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Press along bottom and up the sides. Use individual mini pans if you don’t have this size.
- Freeze the crust.
- Melt the caramel in the microwave and pour on frozen crust.
- Freeze again.
- Melt butter and cream in microwave.
- Pour over the chocolate in a measuring cup. Let sit two mins.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour on frozen caramel layer.
- Sprinkle on mini chocolate chips.
- Chill until set and then cut into slices.