Oreo Cheesecake Bars
These Oreo cheesecake bars are extra special for a few reasons. First, the crust is not your ordinary graham cracker crust. It is way better! The crust is an actual chocolate chip cookie dough pressed into the pan to form a yummy crust. Then you top that with whole Oreo cookies, pour on the cheesecake batter, some crumbled Oreos and bake it up! The next special part comes once they are cooled and chilled! Drum roll please….caramel dripping off the bars! Yup, pure decadence!
How Do You Line the Pan?
My number one suggestion will ALWAYS involve using nonstick foil! You can find it in your local food store or on Amazon and it is a game changer. Let it hang over the sides so you can lift the bars out once they are chilled.
What Caramel is the best?
Homemade is always going to be best but if you don’t have time for that, I like Smuckers! The kind in the jar that you can use over ice cream! It works perfectly with these oreo cheesecake bars. If you’re interested in homemade caramel, you may like my homemade caramel which is crazy delish and actually easier than it sounds!
- 16 ounces Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough
- 20 Oreo cookies, plus more coarsely crushed for topping
- 16 ounces soft cream cheese
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp.vanilla
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Caramel, warmed for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line 8x8 baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of pan.
- Lay Oreos on top.
- For the cheesecake batter, beat cream cheese smooth.
- Add sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Pour over oreos and smooth the top.
- Top with crushed Oreo pieces.
- Bake 35 mins.
- Cool and chill in fridge a few hours.
- Cut into bars and pour on warm caramel when it is serving time.
Adapted from Delish