Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
These Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars are just outrageous. If you love candy, peanut butter and cheesecake than you have got to make these. The original was made in a 9 inch springform pan (which you can absolutely try) but I have changed these into a 9×13 pan. I then cut them into bars…small ones are perfect because they are rich! You can gild the lily and add more chopped candies on top if you’d like. I just went with a ganache this time keeping them a little simpler. For best results, make sure your cream cheese, eggs and sour cream are all at room temp! This makes for easier blending of ingredients. Keep the mixer on low to prevent too much air. I like to bang the pan on the counter before baking the cheesecake to release any air bubbles. This prevents cracking! If it should crack, no worries! The ganache will hide it beautifully.
You may need:
- 2¼ cups grahama cracker crumbs
- 7 T.butter, melted
- 24 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 T. flour
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped Butterfingers (Add more if you like!)
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate bars (these melt smoother than chips)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9x13 pan with nonstick foil.
- Combine the crust ingredients and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 10 mins and cool.
- Lower oven to 300.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low speed.
- Add the sour cream, peanut butter and vanilla extract on low until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the candies.
- Pour the cheesecake batter onto the crust.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Shut oven off an leave door closed 30 more mins so cheesecake can cool down in the oven.
- Remove and chill until cold.
- Microwave cream until almost at a boil in a micro safe bowl.
- Remove and add the chocolate in broken pieces.
- Cover with a paper towel 2 mins.
- Whisk smooth and pour onto cold cheesecake.
- Return to fridge until set and cut into bars.
Adapted from Life, Love & Sugar