WHEN I FOUND THIS RECIPE OVER AT DIETHOOD, I FELL IMMEDIATELY IN LOVE. NOT JUST BECAUSE I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER BUT BECAUSE THE BASE DID NOT NEED TO COOK. THIS LED TO EATING HOMEMADE ICE CREAM IN UNDER 30 MINUTES! THAT’S FASTER THAN A TRIP TO FRIENDLYS!!! POP OVER AND VISIT DIETHOOD FOR SOME YUMMY RECIPES! TELL HER I SENT YOU! XOXO
PEANUT BUTTER CUP ICE CREAM- ADAPTED FROM DIETHOOD
makes 1 quart
- ¾ c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 c. sugar
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 bag of mini peanut butter cups, cut in half (You may only want to use half the bag-add as many as looks good to you!)
- In your electric mixer combine peanut butter and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add in the heavy cream, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and churn for 30 minutes. (mine was done at @ 25mins)
- During the last 2 mins of churning i added in the peanut butter cups!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze or just grab a spoon and eat!!
Diethood does have great recipes, doesn’t she! I had my eye on this on myself! Looks great!
Love that this is so quick.
Cook Lisa Cook
[email protected] says
Thank you so much, Danielle, for the shout out…I am so happy you loved this!! And the look on your little man’s face is precious!
DANIELLE-HUGS and COOKIES XOXO says
THANKS KATE! I LIKED THAT EXPRESSION TOO! KID KNOWS GOOD STUFF!! ERIN AND LISA-SO QUICK AND EASY AND YUM! GO START YOUR ICE CREAM MAKERS!!!
The Slow Roasted Italian says