Peanut Butter Kit Kat Bars
These aren’t exactly Kit Kats but some of the taste testers took one bite and immediately declared them Peanut Butter Kit Kats! It was a combo of the perfect crunch and the creamy peanut butter filling. So, if you like peanut butter and kit kats, these are a must try. These are also a no-bake treat making them super simple to prepare and no worries about turning on your oven during a heat wave! These were created as a Disneyland copycat of their peanut butter sandwich. Have you tried it in Disney? You may also love Homemade Churros or Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahams.
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons butter, soft
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- 12 graham cracker sheets (I used a few more)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons shortening
- Line a 9x9 pan with nonstick foil.
- In a mixer, beat peanut butter, butter, salt, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Microwave chocolate and shortening together until melted.
- Lay half the graham crackers on the bottom of the pan in a single layer.
- Spread on ⅓ of the melted chocolate.
- In your hands, flatten the peanut butter filling and lay over the chocolate as smoothly as possible.
- Layer on another ⅓ of the chocolate.
- Add another layer of graham crackers.
- Spread on the rest of the chocolate and chill for an hour.
- Cut into bars and store in the fridge.
Adapted from Crazy for Crust