Peanut Butter Scotcheroos
Peanut butter scotcheroos are even better that regular scotcheroos thanks to the addition of peanut butter!!! These are beyond easy to make and have such a scrumptious topping, too! Add a little extra chocolate drizzle to fancy them up if you want! The kids are going to love these so be prepared! they are great in lunch boxes, too!
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- (extra semi sweet chips for drizzle, if desired)
- Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well.
- Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour into 13 x 9-inch pan lined with nonstick foil and pat down.
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over cereal.
- Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm.
- Cut into bars.
Adapted from Karo