Traditional Irish soda bread? Maybe not! BUT…it sure is delicious, almost cake-like! Give this one a try and you’ll be happy you did. This is a must-make every year for us!
The Perfect Loaf of Irish Soda Bread
- 7 TABLESPOONS SOFT BUTTER
- 2½C. FLOUR
- ½C. SUGAR
- ½T. BAKING POWDER
- ½TSP. BAKING SODA
- ¾TSP. SALT
- OPTIONAL-STIR IN ½C. RAISINS
- 1¼C. BUTTERMILK
- 1 EGG
- 1 T. butter
- Beat butter, flour, sugar, powder salt, and soda.
- Add raisins, buttermilk and egg.
- Pour into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Brush with 1 T. melted butter and bake 45 minutes and 350.