- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and line 2, 8-inch baking pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the dry ingredients & mix.
- Add in the buttermilk, hot coffee, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until well combined 1-2 mins.
- Divide batter among cake pans and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pans about 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool on a cooling rack until completely cooled. I froze mine at this point, overnight.
Two 8-oz packages cream cheese, room temperature3/4 cup sugar2 tsp. vanilla extract1/4 tsp. salt2 eggs3/4 cup sour cream7 coarsely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
Preheat oven to 325°. Beat cream cheese on medium. Add sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla & salt. Add eggs, one at a time. Add sour cream. Fold in crushed Oreos.
Line bottom of an 8 inch springform pan with parchment paper and pour batter in. Smooth the top and bake until center is set, about 45-50 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes and run a knife around the edge. Cool completely. Remove outside sprinform ring and refrigerate overnight-covered.
6 oz. white chocolate chips
1 cup room temp. butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
6 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream, plus more to thin it out as needed
Melt white chocolate in the microwave at 60% power until smooth. Let cool slightly. In a mixer, cream butter. Add the cooled chocolate to the mixer with the vanilla. Add the powdered sugar, alternating with the cream until it reaches a good spreading consistency.
To assemble, crush 8 additional Oreos and have mini Oreos ready for decoration.
Place one chocolate cake on your cake platter. Spread on a thin layer of frosting and some crushed Oreos. Top with the cheesecake. Thinly frost and add the rest of the crushed Oreos. Add the final chocolate cake layer. Thinly coat the cake with frosting and chill 30 mins as a crumb coat. Frost the cake with the remaining frosting and decorate with mini oreos.
Adapted from Rebekah’s Family Food & Fun