I do believe I have a new favorite cookie. Muddy Buddy cookies!!! Once these are complete, the cookie gets softer and when you bite into it…it’s like eating a Reese’s peanut butter cup cookie! Yup! That good! Last time I made these, I did have trouble getting my chocolate to thin out (tried making it 3x) and had to spread it on rather than dip, so this time I changed up the chocolate dip recipe. You’ll find it below.
Thanks to Cookies and Cups for this winning recipe!
Muddy Buddy Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour
My Coating that worked great for me:
- 5 ounces hershey’s chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment
- Cream butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Add both sugars and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour.
- Scoop tablespoon amounts. Roll into a ball and then flatten to approximately 1/2 inch thick. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden edges.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In microwave safe bowl combine chocolate and peanut butter. Heat on high for 45 seconds and then stir until smooth.
- Place powdered sugar in bowl.
- Dip each cookie in chocolate and using a fork remove cookie, tapping off excess chocolate. You don’t need a lot of chocolate coating on the cookies.
- Immediately dip the cookie into the powdered sugar and toss to coat completely. (I ACTUALLY LET THE CHOCOLATE SET UP A BIT FIRST AND THEN DIPPED IN THE SUGAR.)
- Place back on cooling rack to until chocolate is set. Repeat for all cookies.
Store at room temp covered