If you are not a pumpkin dessert lover, this is the recipe that could turn you into one! I think it is the homemade whipped cream that sealed the deal for me but the addition of 10 ounces of pure caramel didn’t hurt either! This Pumpkin Poke Cake really is something special. I hope you give it a try this fall and enjoy it as much as I did!
If you are a pumpkin fan, be sure to check out my:
Pumpkin Cheesecake (This was HUGE HIT!!!!)
Pumpkin Poke Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 10 ounces caramel room temp (microwave if cold)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 T. powdered sugar
- Optional: more caramel sauce for garnish and chopped butterfingers
- Combine dry cake mix and pumpkin, stirring well.
- Pour this batter into a 9x13 pan lined with nonstick foil,
- Bake 20 minutes at 350.
- Cool and poke the cake with holes (use back of a wooden spoon).
- Pour the caramel over the cake.
- eat cream and sugar to soft peaks.
- Spread over caramel.
- Garnish with more caramel and chopped butterfingers.
- Cut into squares.