This fabulous Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe comes from my blogging bestie Lisa, at Incredible Recipes!
What I loved about this cake was the little bit of help you get from using a boxed cake mix! Yup, a box! And the cake is all the rage!
Red Velvet Cheesecake
- 1 red velvet cake mix prepared according to the box directions.
- 16 ounces room temp cream cheese
- ⅔ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ c. sour cream
- 1 T. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 T. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pour entire prepared mix into a 9 inch pan that has been greased, lined with parchment and grased again. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, approx 30-35 mins. If it starts to brown, add a piece of foil loosely on top until center is cooked through. Let cool then pop into freezer.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar smooth.
- Add eggs and blend in.
- Add sour cream, flour, vanilla and salt.
- Grease a 9 inch pan and line with parchment. Grease it again and pour in the cheesecake.
- Bake 45-50 minutes. Cool, remove from pan and freeze.
- Whip all until soft peaks form.
- Place frozen red velvet layer on plate.
- Top with cheesecake layer.
- Spread cream on top and pipe flowers, if desired.
- Keep chilled in fridge!