Here is a low carb twist on traditional potato pancakes and latkes! If you love spaghetti sqaush, you’re in for a treat!
Sage & Spaghetti Squash Pancakes
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 5 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano, grated
- ¼ cup flour (I used Cup4cup gluten free flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- oil for frying-I used avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Lightly drizzle the flesh with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven, cut-side up for about 40 minutes or until tender.
- Let it cool slightly and with a fork shred the squash into strands.
- Place in strainer to drain any excess liquid and use paper towels to remove water.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced green onions, chopped parsley, chopped sage leaves, and minced garlic.
- Add squash to the bowl.
- Fold in the egg, cheese , flour, salt, and pepper.
- Toss all of the ingredients together until the mixture is well combined.
- Using a soup spoon, scoop a generous amount of the squash mixture into your hands and form into patties, one by one, and lightly flatten.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry your latkes on both sides. Try to make them thin so they will be crispy!
- Transfer the cooked latkes onto a paper towel-lined plate.
adapted from the Kitchn
Making these tonight they look great 🙂
Hugs & Cookies xoxo says
Hope they were delish!