Salmon With Shallots and Mustard
This dinner is fast, simple and delicious! My friend Lisa recommended it to me and it was definitely a winner! Next time, I’d even add a small pat of butter on top of each piece of salmon before broiling just to add an extra touch of crispness. This is the perfect weeknight meal and it comes together in just a matter of minutes. I used Pacific King Salmon pieces for this recipe. Use whatever salmon is your favorite and don’t skimp on the mustard and shallots. They add layers of flavors! This dish is also gluten free and would go perfectly with a delicious salad or side of rice or quinoa!
- 3 salmon filets
- 1 T. grainy mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. finely chopped shallots
- a little fresh thyme or dill, chopped
- juice of ½ lemon (can also add some lemon zest for added flavor)
- kosher salt, pepper
- Preheat broiler and line pan with foil.
- Mix all the ingredients for the topping and spread on top of the salmon pieces.
- (Add a small dot of butter to each, if desired)
- Broil until cooked through. (My pieces took 13 minutes.)