Sausage Leek Stuffing
My friend Suzy shared her special stuffing recipe with me and it was delicious. I hope you try out this sausage leek stuffing with your next turkey dinner. You may also love Stuffing Muffins and Spinach Garlic Meatballs Stuffed With Mozzarella.
- 2 bags Martinelli's Potato Bread Cubes
- 8 T. butter
- 4 lbs bulk pork sausage I used Jimmy Dean
- 4 leeks sliced
- 2 ½ c. chopped onion
- 2 ½ c. chopped celery
- a pinch of fresh thyme
- a pinch of fresh sage
- 2 cups chicken broth add slowly in case you like less than we do
- 4 beaten eggs
- Preheat oven 300 and bake bread cubes at 300 on a baking sheet to crisp up, about 15 mins.
- Pour into a bowl and drizzle on the melted butter.
- Cook sausage until browned and transfer to the bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add leeks, onions, celery to the sausage drippings (may need to add butter to skillet) and cook 8 mins. Add herbs.
- Add the veggies to the bread and add the eggs.
- Add broth and place into greased 13x9x2 dish.
- Bake covered at 350 40 mins. Then uncover 5 mins.
From my friend Suzy and adapted from Epicurious