Are you psyched for another month ofTwo Sweetie Pies? This is the monthly tradition when my friend Liz (From That Skinny Chick Can Bake) and I share a recipe from each other’s blog. We do not tell each other which recipe we are working on until reveal day which is always so exciting! Last month we both chose a caramel treat….great dessert minds think alike! This month I saw these crazy good seven layer bars on Liz’s blog and knew I had to make them. As usual….they were just perfect! I love baking from Liz’s blog because quite honestly, I am NEVER disappointed! Thanks again for a great recipe, Liz! xoxo
Seven Layer Candy Bars
- ¾ stick 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup coconut divided
- ⅓ cup each of white chocolate bittersweet chocolate and semisweet chocolate discs (or chips)
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line 8 x 8 baking pan with non-stick foil.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar.
- Pat into bottom of prepared pan.
- Layer the chocolate discs, pecans and most of the coconut over the crust. Reserve a little for the top.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top followed by the rest of the coconut.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or till coconut is lightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. Keep in fridge.