So, my boys love to drink Shirley Temples. After all, real men wear pink you know! So these cupcakes were created for my little men! 2 ingredients is all you need!!! A box of cake mix and some cherry flavored soda. No eggs, no water, no oil. Can’t get easier than this really! I hope you try out these shirley temple cupcakes and enjoy them!!!
- 1 box cake mix (vanilla or strawberry for more PINK)
- 12 ounces cherry soda (cherry 7-up or cherry mountain dew)
- 12 T. butter, soft
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 6 chopped maraschino cherries
- a few Tablespoons of maraschino cherry juice
- more cherries for topping
- beat cake mix and soda 2 mins until smooth.
- Divide into 24 liners and bake at 350 15-18 mins.
- Let cool
- Beat butter and sugar smooth.
- Add sour cream and maraschino cherry juice until pink!
- Add chopped cherries.
- Pipe onto cupcakes and top each with a cherry.
Frosting recipe adapted from Chef in Training