Need a fancy dinner? Need an easy weeknight dinner? Need a dinner the whole family will love? This recipe fits the bill for all of the above! This is a fabulous shrimp dish and has so many tasty flavors working together. The sprinkling of parsley makes it look so beautiful, too! I like to get our shrimp at Costco! The huge ones! Mmmmm!!!! Hope you love this shrimp scampi with linguine as much as we do! Tip: It doubles perfectly when you’re haaing a crowd!
Shrimp Scampi With Linguine
- SHRIMP SCAMPI
- ¾ pound linguine
- 2 Tablespoons butter for pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter for shrimp
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- handful of chopped parsley
- ½ lemon zest grated
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 2 lemons
- ¼ lemon thinly sliced in half-rounds
- Boil Pasta till cooked, drain and toss with 2 T. butter and some kosher salt.
- In a pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute-be careful not to burn the garlic. A
- Add the shrimp, salt and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add lemon juice, zest and cook 1 minutes. Remove heat and add the parsley & lemon slices. Serve over the pasta