Need a treat everyone will love that is simple and quick to put together? S’mores bars! Everyone smiles for this treat!
- MILE HIGH S’MORES BARS (DOUBLES PERFECTLY IN A 9X13 PAN if you choose)
- 1 stick butter softened (8 T.)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 XLARGE HERSHEY BARS (4.4 oz each) You will have a little extra after lining the pan
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme or Fluff
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 8 inch pan with nonstick foil and then you can lift it out when cool
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Beat until blended.
- Press half of dough into prepared pan.
- Lay chocolate bars over dough.
- Spread with marshmallow creme (Tip: wet your spreader/knife if too sticky).
- Scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallow; carefully press to form a layer.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into BIG bars.