Did you watch Aaron Kelly on American Idol? If so, I am sure you’re already a huge fan. If you didn’t, you can check him out on Itunes-he has an amazing voice. Aaron Kelly posted my chocolate lasagna recipe on his blog recently sending it pretty much viral. By viral, I mean it has been shared over 125,000 times on Facebook alone! As a thank you, I wanted to name a dessert after him and make it in his honor. His favorite candy? Sour Patch Kids! hee hee, just like my kids! The guy has good candy buds! Creating a dessert around sour patch kids was challenging for a few minutes…. and then it came to me. Another gravity cake!!!! Did you see my M & M gravity cake? Hope you like this Aaron, I am naming it the AK Patch!
Sour Patch Kid Gravity Cake
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- 2 medium sized bags Sour Patch Kids
- 1 large container Whoppers
- Kit Kats approx 8 full size bars to wrap part of the way around-can use more/less
- Bake the cake according to the box directions in two 8 inch pans.
- Cool completely.
- Frost the layers on a cake plate with the chocolate frosting.
- Stand up the Kit Kats around the perimeter and freeze a few minutes to make them sturdy.
- Carefully fill the cake with Whoppers in the back.
- Fill the front with Sour Patch to look over flowing.
- For the pouring look, I used a chopstick. I hot glued sour patch kids to it. Glued the bag at the top of the chopstick and filled it with cotton balls.
- Insert the chopstick into the center of the cake.
- Of course, let everyone know the stick is inedible.