Stuffed shells are reminiscent of my childhood. Always a delicious and comforting meal. Now, with the addition of sausage they are even fancier and a perfect weeknight meal! Try some Stuffed Shells with Sausage Filling for dinner this week and you will certainly wow your family! This is such a great winter meal too! I use Rao’s sauce-it is so fabulous. If you prefer homemade sauce then go for it but Rao’s does not disappoint!
Stuffed Shells with Sausage Filling
- 24 whole Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 2 cups cooked Italian Sausage chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 T. chopped Fresh Parsley
- 4 scallions chopped
- ⅔ cup fresh Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ⅔ cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 jars Rao's Sauce I used 1 1/2 jars
- For the Topping:
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Boil the shells approx 8 mins. Drain.
- Stir together, sausage and ricotta cheese.
- Add scallions, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and parsley.
- Pour some sauce in bottom of 9x13 dish to coat well.
- Stuff each shell with filling and set in the sauce standing up.
- Pour some more sauce over the tops of each shell.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 -25 mins.