Triple Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
This triple chocolate cheesecake is everything a chocolate lover could hope for! An oreo crust, a rich chocolate cheesecake filling, a delicious ganache, chocolate whipped cream and chopped oreos. You will definitely want to get the milk ready to drink! For the ganache I used Chocoley’s semisweet dark V125 indulgence chocolate. It melted beautifully, drizzled perfectly and tasted phenomenal! Very rich and smooth! The whipped cream for this dessert was also special because it was chocolate! Use the best cocoa powder you can find since it is the star ingredient in the cream. I like to use Valrhona from whole foods. You can usually find it in the specialty department near the cheeses. It is definitely worth the splurge! I hope you love this triple chocolate oreo cheesecake as much as we did! Be creative in your decorating! Chopped oreos or even chocolate chips and sprinkles would be great choices!
You may also love:
You May Need:
- 24 Oreo cookies-place in food processor and crush to crumbs
- 4Tablespoons salted butter-melted in microwave
- 32 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1⅓ cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 10 ounces Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 T. powdered sugar
- 3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- crushed oreos for the top
- oreo halves to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F,
- Mix oreo crumbs and melted butter and press into bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. (I did have some butter seep out of my pan-just wiped it with a towel)
- Let cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese.
- Add sugar and cocoa until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time on low.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour in the cooled, melted chocolate on low to blend.
- Pour this over the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake about 70 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Drag a thin knife around the sides and chill in fridge over night.
- Combine all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted, stirring smooth.
- Remove the sides of the springform and drizzle the ganache down the sides.
- Beat cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla to stiff peaks.
- Pipe into the center and top with chopped oreos and halves.
- Keep chilled.
Chocoley provided the V125 chocolate for me to use but the opinions are my own.