White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies make a perfect afternoon treat with a cup of tea or coffee. Be sure to use high quality white chocolate in these because it really stands out as the star! I prefer Ghirardelli! The special part of these is the browned butter they are made with. You will cook your butter in a saucepan until it gets a bit golden and smells nutty and delicious. Then, be sure to let it cool so it’s not too hot for the cookie batter. If you don’t want to bake off all of the cookies, you can freeze the dough for another day! You can scoop out balls of dough, freeze them individually and then throw into a freezer ziploc bag. It’s always fun to bake off frozen dough on a rainy day. A lucky freezer find some days. A great place to buy your nuts is Trader Joes, too!
- 1 c. butter, melted and browned, cooled down
- 2⅓ c. flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 additional egg yolk
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer beat cooled butter and sugars.
- Add egg, yolk, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and combine.
- Fold in chips and buts.
- Scoop 2T. dough onto cookie sheet and bake approx 10 mins.
Adapted from Cookies and Cups