THIS RECIPE COMES FROM SOMETHING SWANKY. VISIT HER RIGHT NOW IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY!!!!!
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. corn syrup
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 – 2 bags popped popcorn
- chocolate chips, nuts, M&Ms, etc. to taste
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popcorn and pour popcorn into a bowl.
- Meanwhile: Combine butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture boils. Continue boiling at a stead rate for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour caramel over popcorn and stir to coat.
- Spread onto greased cookie sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes (10 for chewy, 15 for crunchy).
- Remove from oven and add toppings. Let cool briefly before returning to bowl. (Or you can let it cool completely if you don’t want the chocolate to smudge… but where’s the fun in that??) RECIPE FROM SOMETHING SWANKY