If you are a fan of Whoppers candies, then THIS is the cookie for you! The base is a double chocolate cookie…packed with 2 kinds of chips and loads of Whoppers. I cut the Whoppers into halves. Be careful though, that is a tricky task on a Whopper since they like to roll! I used 2 movie sized boxes for the candies. Be careful not to over bake these cookies. They will finish setting up on the cookie sheets while they cool. Serve these up with a big glass of cold milk or some frozen hot chocolate for a real treat! A few years ago I made another Whoppers cookie you may want to check out. It calls for malted milk powder adding an extra layer of flavor. I didn’t have any on hand during this quarantine so I went with this recipe and it was amazing!
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 T. butter softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 10 ounces Whoppers carefully cut in halves
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt the 8 ounces of chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy – about 1 minute.
- Beat in the sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add the chocolate and beat until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and candies.
- Scoop about 2 Tbsp of dough and roll into a ball.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes, or until the cookies have just begun to set with the centers still appearing very soft. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.