Zucchini, Corn and Brie Pizzas
This is quite possible the best appetizer ever! I have also made this for lunch-July 4th for my mom-big hit! The first picture is my most recent and I added grilled shrimp to the pizzas. (I grilled them and tossed them in olive oil, lime juice, honey and garlic)
If you have an extra large pan you can make 4 at a time!
You may need:
- olive oil
- 2 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- ⅓ cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (I like basil and parsley)
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese (or fontina)
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 ear corn, kernels sliced from the cob (about 1 cup)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, cut into small wedges (keep the rind on)
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- Preheat the broiler to high with a rack in the top third.
- In a large cast iron pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over high.
- Once hot, add tortillas.
- Sprinkle with the herbs on both,
- Divide cheese in half and sprinkle on both.
- Top both with zucchini and corn.
- Season with salt/pepper.
- Take skillet off the heat and top with brie.
- Place skillet in oven and broil 2 mins. Keep an eye on it!
- Remove, top with basil and a small drizzle of the chipotle honey!
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest