CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS STUFFED WITH CHEESECAKE

These chocolate chip cookies bars stuffed with cheesecake will send you over the moon. These are easy to make which of course, is another perk.  Just look at that cheesecake filling layer.  Try not to dig in before it is baked…it is THAT good!  Using Pillsbury cookie dough makes these come together in no time but feel free to use homemade cookie dough, too!

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS STUFFED WITH CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS:

1.  COOKIE PORTION: 30 OUNCES PILLSBURY COOKIE DOUGH, DIVIDED 2.  For the Cheesecake 1 8-oz. cream cheese, room temperature 1/2 cup sugar 1 egg 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 pan with nonstick foil and press in half the cookie dough. Beat all of the cheesecake ingredients until smooth and pour over the cookie dough.  Flatten the rest of the cookie dough the best you can and lay on top of the cheesecake.  Bake for 35 minutes or until cheesecake layer is set.   Cover the bars with foil if browning too much.  Let cool to room temp.  Chill until cold before cutting and add a chocolate drizzle, if desired.

Print Friendly and PDF

Comments

1. says

They look absolutely wonderful !! Did you cook the bottom layer of the cookie dough before pouring on the cheesecake? The pic looked like you did but I was not sure. Cannot wait to make them !!
    Thanks
    Debbie

2. fairygirl73 says

Hi, this looks delicious and seems simple to make. I was making it for my son and his friend. I have now had it in the oven for almost 2 hours. I have followed the directions so I’m not sure what the issue is. I now have it in the oven for another 15 minutes, if I doesn’t get done this time I’m throwing it away :-(

• danielle says

Are you sure your oven is running right? That’s an awful long time. Hmmmmm…maybe once they come out and cool/chill they will set fine. Goodluck!!

3. fairygirl73 says

Hi, yes it’s working fine. I’m not sure what happened. I was so looking forward to eating it tonight though :-(

4. Stephanie says

This looks really yummy and I really want to try to make it. I just have a couple questions first. I don’t have a 9×9 pan, will an 8×8 work? Also, it says to bake until the cheesecake layer is set. Because there is the layer of cookie dough on top of it, what would be the easiest way to check the cheesecake layer?

5. Natalie says

I’m making this now very hard to find cookie dough
    Mix here so I had a brain wave and brought some cookie mix which we have
    Here in the uk. Seems to be ok it’s in the oven hopefully
    It comes out fine :D

6. JAHO says

Making these now for a bake sale tomorrow. Only thing I changed is I made them as individuals in a muffin tin. I hope they still turn out okay. Keeping my fingers crossed…

7. Amber says

I probably wouldn’t be able to use the Jello cheesecake mix since its no bake…right? Im snowed in and I have cookie dough and then the no bake cheesecake stuff and this looks amazing…but im guessing its not gonna work?

8. Amber says

Im wondering if I could use the Jello cheesecake mix…I know its the no bake kind but I didn’t know if I could still use it or not.

9. Ili says

This looks amazing! Do they have to be kept refrigerated? Want to make sure before sending it in a care package to my marine.

10. Kayla says

These look amazing. I wonder if I could double the cheesecake mixture and add a little extra cookie dough to it and use a 9×13 pan instead since I don’t have a 9×9 or 8×8 pan?

11. Danielle says

I would like to make my own cookie dough instead of using the philsbury. Do I just follow a normal cookie down recipe and just spread it in the pan? Do I make 2 batches of the cookie dough then? One for the top and one for the bottom?

12. Jodi says

Hot tip!! Use parchment paper…bake for 50 min…bake the day before you want to enjoy them…chill in the fridge overnight…flip out onto a cutting board to cut…DELISH!!!!!

Trackbacks