- 2 split chicken breasts, bone in, skin on (3 pounds) *Note, this made so much sauce you could use more chicken than this!! Original calls for 12 bone in thighs so you could use that instead if you like!!!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1-1/2 cup Jack Daniel’s
- 12 ounces, fluid Barbecue Sauce
- 1 jar (10 oz) Apricot Preserves
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 16 ounce bag, frozen sliced peaches
Heat oil and butter in a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken and place chicken in the pot, skin side down. Brown both sides, then remove to crockpot, skin side down. Add onions to pan and stir, cooking for 2 minutes. Remove from heat to be safe and pour Jack Daniel’s into the pot. Scrape the bottom of the pan, allowing Jack Daniel’s to reduce for two mins . Pour in barbecue sauce, preserves, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Throw in garlic cloves. Stir until combined and comes to a boil. Cook just a few minutes to blend flavors. Pour over the chicken. Top with the frozen peaches. Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred chicken and load up with sauce on top!!!! Serve over rice or quinoa!
ADAPTED FROM PIONEER WOMAN