My friend and neighbor told me she had a great recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Of course, we all know I had to have it. The deal was she’d provide the recipe….I’d provide the cookies. And so that is how it all began! Puffy, beautiful cookies coming out of the oven dozens at a time and being released into the neighborhood! Nestle chips, Ghirardelli chips, Guittard chips. So many versions to try. This recipe is just like Mrs. Field’s Blue ribbon recipe but the twist is an extra bit of baking soda. This leads to the extra POOF the cookies will have! I also liked these best on the convection bake setting if you have it. Our favorite chips were the Guittard Super Cookie Chips. They are simply put….outrageous! Huge and melty, they are the perfect cookie chips just as the name promises! Try Mrs. Field’s chocolate chip cookies with a twist soon…like tonight!!!!
- 2½C. Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1C. dark brown sugar
- ½C. White Sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet chips or 10 ounce bag Guittard super cookie chips
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Add chips.
- Chill 30 mins.
- Scoop with a large scoop. (1⅞ ounces dough is what I use for each cookie.)
- Bake at 300 degrees on parchment or silpat (convection if you have it) for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove to wire rack to cool.