Wouldn’t it be fun to lay on the couch all day and eat peanut butter bon bons? hahaha, I know….none of us have time for THAT! But thanks to this simple recipe we all have time to whip up these delights. You can choose truffle (bon bon) form or a bar form. Both are delicious and will keep you smiling through a long workday!
- one10-ounce bags of Reese's peanut butter chips
- 1 cup plus 2 T. heavy cream
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces dark or semisweet Ghirardelli chocolate bars, melted
- Butterfinger baking pieces, or 1 candy bar crushed
- Boil the cream and pour it over the peanut butter chips.
- Let sit one minute and stir smooth.
- Place in fridge to chill and set up.
- Once cold, beat in the mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- Roll the mixture into truffles and pop into the freezer.
- Dip in the melted chocolate.
- Drizzle with chocolate for a design and sprinkle on the butterfingers.
I had left over filling so I melted some chocolate into the bottom of a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Then, I chilled it. I pressed the extra peanut butter filling on top making sure it was evenly pressed in and chilled it. I melted some more chocolate on top and gave it the final chill. It does crack when cutting straight from the fridge but it sure was scrumptious!
The peanut butter filling was adapted from Life, Love & Sugar