For those who are low carbing it, this is a must make! This tastes like a fancy quiche one would be served in a high end breakfast cafe. Pair it with some cappuccino and you have quite a grand start to your work day! You can also be very flexible with this recipe and change what you mix in. You could add leeks, remove the mushrooms, try some chopped broccoli! Just be sure to grease your pan generously with butter to make it easier to remove it! I used a quiche pan with a removable bottom which made it a cinch! I hope you enjoy this Crustless Quiche with Prosciutto!
You may need:
- Butter a quiche pan well with a removable bottom. Lay this pan into a baking sheet to catch any egg that may leak through. I only had a little amount leak through.
- ½ onion, chopped
- handful of sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups grated Italian mix cheese
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- Melt butter and add onions/mushrooms.
- Cook about 5 mins.
- In a bowl make the custard by mixing cream and eggs.
- Stir in cooled off onions/mushrooms, cheese, salt/pepper, prosciutto.
- Pour this into the pan.
- Cover loosely with nonstick foil and bake 45 mins.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool 10 mins and cut into slices.
- Goes well with a nice salad!