Bacon Caramel Cheesecake
Bacon Caramel Cheesecake is the dessert for you if you love and adore both sweet and salty together. h, what a combination it is! Just divine. This cheesecake is baked on a crispy oreo crust and then topped with loads of ganache and caramel sauce! You can make homemade caramel sauce using my fabulous recipe or you can use the sundae topping kind! I then gave it a sprinkle of coarse sea salt and then…..drum roll please….crispy chopped bacon! I placed it around the edges so it was somewhat subtle but you could also sprinkle it all over the top. I recommend adding the bacon as close to serving time as you can so the crispness will hold up!
You may also love:
You may need:
- 24 oreo cookies, crushed in food processor
- 4 T. melted butter
- 24 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 T. flour
- 1 c. sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- ¾ c. chocolate chips
- caramel sauce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- coarse sea salt
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter.
- Press into 9 inch springform and bake for 8 mins at 350.
- Then lower oven temp to 300.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar smooth.
- Add flour and sour cream.
- Add one egg at a time and vanilla.
- Pour onto oreo crust.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Shut oven off and leave cake in 30 mins to cool more.
- Remove, cool to room temp and then chill overnight.
- Heat cream to almost a boil in microwave.
- Pour over chips in heat safe bowl.
- Let sit one min covered.
- Stir smooth and let cool down a bit at room temp.
- Once cooler you can pour on the cold cheesecake and drizzle .
- Add caramel drizzles, too.
- Top with a small sprinkle of sea salt and garnish with the crispy bacon.
Cheesecake filling adapted from Life, Love and Sugar