Balsamic Chicken Marinade
This is an amazing marinade to kick up your next barbecue. I used Fig Balsamic but you can also use regular balsamic vinegar. I happened to have the fig flavored one on hand from a trip to the Crushed Olive! Let this marinate several hours and then top it with some lemon slices and parsley when serving. Your guess will all beg you for the recipe!
- ½ c. olive oil
- ½ c. fig balsamic vinegar (or regular)
- ¼ c. Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¾ c. light brown sugar
- 2 scallions, chopped
- small amount fresh dill, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 pounds chicken (I used combo of breasts and thighs)
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- Combine everything (except the chicken) in a ziploc bag and combine well.
- Add in the chicken and let in marinate for hours.
- Grill on bbq until internal temp is 165.
- Let rest covered with foil for 5 minutes.
- Slice and top with parsley.
- (Can reserve some marinade BEFORE adding the chicken, boil it and pour over the cooked chicken.)
Adapted from Mom On Timeout