My boys have finally developed a love of wings! We have tried them in a few places but I knew I had to make a homemade version. These are baked which is great because there is no mess from frying. My kids loved these and I will definitely be making them again! You may also love Grilled Buffalo Chicken and Buffalo Chicken Dip. These are also AMAZING without the buffalo sauce as just crispy wings!!!!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika can used smoked if you prefer
- ½ cup Frank's hot sauce
- 4 T. melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and place a non stick oven safe rack on top of the pan.
- Place the chicken wings in a very large bowl.
- Add the baking powder and dry seasonings.
- Toss the wings to coat and lay on the rack to bake.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until golden.
- You can serve at this point or continue and make hot sauce:
- In a measuring cup, combine butter and hot sauce.
- Pour the sauce on wings (as much or as little as you want and toss to coat)
- Enjoy with celery sticks and carrots!
Recipe adapted from Dinner at the Zoo