Caramel Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have you seen these new chocolate chips filled with caramel? Who could resist such an invention! They also come filled with peanut butter too….next on my list! I made a scrumptious chocolate chip cookie and used these specialty chip instead of plain chocolate chips. I also topped the warm cookies with a sprinkle of sea salt. The salt is optional but oh, so worth it! Perfect combo of sweet and salty together.
- 10 T. soft butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup cake flour
- ¾ cup bread flour
- a bag delightfulls filled chips
- sea salt
- Beat together butter and both sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Add soda, powder and both flours until combined.
- Fold in the bag of chips.
- Chill dough 3-4 hours
- Scoop large Tablespoon rounds onto a parchment lined sheet.
- Bake at 350 10-12 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle with sea salt
- Let cool a few minutes on sheet and remove to rack.
Adapted from Baked By Rachel