The perfect brownie sundae should also include cherries and cheesecake, right? These cherry cheesecake brownies are awesome on their own but some whipped cream and extra cherries certainly didn’t hurt! Be sure to chill the brownies for several hours to make them easier to cut!
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
Fabulous Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 cup butter melted, cooled slightly
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 T. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- Cherry Cheesecake filling
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ can cherry pie filling
- Line a 9x13" pan with nonstick foil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, cocoa and salt, stirring well.
- Spread about half of this into the pan.
- Cherry Cheesecake filling:
- Beat cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar,
- Spread this over the brownie batter.
- Dollop scoops of the cherry pie filling on top.
- Use the rest of the brownie batter to top the cherries. Use your hands to spread it.
- Bake about 35 minutes, cool to room temp and then chill hours before cutting.
Adapted from Recipe Rebel