My husband has declared this the best shrimp dish he has ever eaten in his life! That’s big because we have eaten a LOT of shrimp over the years! Made this for my parents last night and it was a huge hit, too. Looks like this will be a new weekly addition to our dinner menu! I doubled the sauce last night and served this over linguine! Just delish! The chipotle adds a nice kick so feel free to add a bit more or less depending on your taste buds! Don’t skimp on the parsley at the end. It adds a nice pop of fresh color and taste, as well! Eating low carb? Skip the pasta and serve this up as is with a huge salad on the side. So many possibilities to dress up this dinner because the shrimp stands on its own! Have you tried the shrimp from Costco yet? They are huge! Only ones we buy-they are fabulous! Hope you enjoy this one!!
Chipotle Shrimp in Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 2 lb jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 T. olive oil divided
- 1 T. butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons ground chipotle
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup Parmesan
- fresh parsley chopped
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil and 1 T. butter.
- Add mushrooms and cook to brown.
- Add onions, garlic for a few mins.
- Remove to a plate.
- Heat 1 T. oil and add shrimp.
- Season very generously with salt, pepper and chipotle.
- Cook a few mins and flip. Season other side.
- Once cooked, remove to a plate.
- On medium high, add broth, cream and cheese.
- Let simmer.
- Return shrimp to skillet with onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Simmer a few minutes.
- Can add some cooked pasta directly to pan before serving.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- For extra sauce, double the amounts above.