Cookie Pizza Time Loaded With Candy Topings
Pizza for dessert? Oh, you mean a cookie pizza? A cookie pizza topped with melted marshmallows and oodles of candy? All sitting on a chocolate chip cookie crust? Oh yes, please sign me up. Talk about a dessert that is FUN for kids and grown-ups, too! This is a winner. Think about the endless possibilities for your pizza “toppings.” Twix, kit kat,milkyways, m & m’s, peanut butter cups, gummy worms and on and on and on! I definitely recommend cutting this pizza with a pizza cutter. A knife was a bit too sticky going through the marshmallow and the pizza cutter went through it easily leading to clean cuts!
So…….what candies will you be adding? Wrap these in cello with a big ribbon and you have a perfect treat to bring to parties, barbecues and even preschool!
- 2 sticks soft butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ¼ cups AP flour
- 3 cups milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Candies of your choice I used Twix minis cut in half, M&M's and Rolos
- Preheat to 350°
- Cream butter and sugars until well blended and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla-beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt.
- Mix just to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter onto a pizza pan or deep dish pan lined with nonstick foil. Mine was 14 inches.
- Mine baked 18-20 minutes to get it lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on the marshmallows all around leaving some of the edge plain to create the crust.
- Return to the oven for 3 more minutes until marshmallows start to puff.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on your candies evenly.
- Let cool completely and cut into slices using a pizza cutter!
Recipe adapted from Cookies & Cups