This Chocolate Explosion Earthquake Cake with Cream Cheese Swirl is going to knock your socks off. It starts with a German Chocolate Cake Mix (Or you can just use chocolate) and it gets topped with a cream cheese swirl. Do I have your attention yet? Well, let me keep going as we move on to the loads of chocolates you will top this cake with. Here is where you can shake things up a bit and customize the cake to your liking. Love peanut butter? Load up on Reese’s! Peanut allergy? Skip the Reese’s! Love Twix? Pile them on! You get the idea here! I used the large sized Reese’s, mini Reese’s, mini Snickers, Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares, mini chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips and Hershey bars.
So….what are you waiting for? Get baking!!!
Chocolate Explosion Earthquake Cake with Cream Cheese Swirl
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 bag chocolate chips I used dark chocolate but you can use milk or semi sweet if you prefer
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- LOTS of chocolates Use what you love! I used Reese's, Snickers, Twix, Hersheys, chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, Ghirardelli dark squares
- Spray 9x13 pan with pam and preheat oven 350.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions and mix in bag of chips.
- Spread in pan.
- In mixer, beat butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugar.
- Dollop over cake batter with an ice cream scoop or spoon.
- Use a knife to swirl cream cheese into cake batter.
- Load on all of your chocolates.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- It will be puffed up and most candies will now be inside the cake due tot he "earthquake." Cool and enjoy with a scoop of ice cream!