My friend Liz (From That Skinny Chick Can Bake) and I have this awesome monthly feature called Two Sweetie Pies. Each month, we choose a recipe from the other’s blog and feature it. We do not tell each other which recipe we are working on until reveal day which is always so exciting!
This month is extra special because it’s like hitting the Fudge Lottery. I had been on the prowl for a fudge recipe that was equivalent to the kind in the candy store. The really good kind. Lots of fudges were yummy but not like the store kind! Until Liz’s recipe came into my life. LOL, yup! Life changing! My hubby taste tested our favorite candy store fudge and this one. This was the winning fudge!!!! Goodbye candy store, hello homemade!!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 3 cups sugar divided
- 12 tablespoons butter divided
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme divided
- Line 9x9 pan with non-stick foil.
- Combine 1½ cups sugar, 6 tablespoons butter, ⅓ cup evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly till temperature reaches 234º.
- Remove from heat and stir in ½ teaspoon vanilla, the chocolate chips and half the marshmallow creme (just less than ½ cup). Mix till chips are melted.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth with off-set spatula.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, adding peanut butter, vanilla and marshmallow cream when mixture reaches 234º.
- Pour peanut butter fudge over chocolate fudge and smooth top.
- Cool to room temperature, then cut into squares to serve.
- Freezes well too!