Who needs a Twix bar when you can make these killer cookies. I first found these over at Shugary Sweets! Hop on over and check out this awesome blog. Then make these cookies! In fact, you may want to double the recipe because they will disappear that quickly!!!
For the chocolate in this recipe, I used Chocoley’s milk chocolate because it melts like a dream! I also used Chocoley’s caramel. It is so rich and delicious, you will be hooked!!!
Copycat Twix Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag Bada Bing Milk Chocolates OR 11.5 ounces Ghirardelli Chocolates
- 1 tub Chocoley Caramel OR (11oz) Kraft caramel bits plus 1 T. heavy cream
- Preheat oven 350.
- In a mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar until blended.
- Add flour, salt and vanilla.
- Beat until the dough forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the ball into a log, wrap in plastic and chill a half hour.
- You can speed this up in the freezer if you want.
- Slice dough about ⅕ inch thick.
- Bake on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-13 mins until edges start to brown.
- Cool cookies.
- Melt caramel gently in the microwave and if using kraft, add the cream too.
- Spoon over each cookie.
- Melt your chocolates and spoon over the caramel.
- Let set and serve!!!!
Can you tell me how many cookies this recipe yields?? Thank You!
Hugs & Cookies xoxo says
I Think I made about 2 dozen or a little less.