Grilled Chicken and Pasta in a Creamy Parmesan Sauce
This was the perfect meal for using up leftover barbecued chicken thighs. The thighs (marinade is enough for 8-10 thighs) were boneless/skinless and had been marinated in just 1 cup olive oil, fresh chopped garlic, salt, paprika and parsley. This cream parmesan sauce is the best and so versatile. I use this often with other proteins such as shrimp or sausage. You may also love Tuscan Butter Shrimp with Tomato Spinach Cream Sauce and Parmesan Risotto.
You may need:
- 2 T. olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 shallot sliced
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 5 sundried tomatoes, dried not in oil
- 4 grilled chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 c. chicken broth
- ¼- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ c. parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces penne, cooked
- parsley for garnish, chopped
- Extra parmesan for garnish
- Heat oil. Once hot, saute onions and shallots a few mins.
- Add garlic.
- Meanwhile, heat tomatoes in microwave 45 seconds with ¼c. water to reconstitute. Drain and add tomatoes to pan.
- Add chicken and toss.
- Add broth, cream and cheese, stirring to melt cheese.
- Bring to boil and lower to simmer.
- Once warmed add pasta to pan to heat through.
- Season with salt/pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan cheese.