Crumb Cake, doughnuts, muffins! This recipe is the best of all three worlds. You can grab a donut pan from a local bake shop or right from Amazon. It definitely adds that extra cuteness you want when serving these up. These make the perfect addition to any brunch or breakfast gathering. They’d also make a nice appearance at an afternoon tea, for sure! I hope you love these Crumb Cake Doughnut Muffins!
You May Need:
Crumb Cake Doughnut Muffins
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter melted and slightly cooled
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix the sugars and cinnamon.
- Stir in the butter with a fork, then add the flour.
- Mix to make crumbles and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Whisk the butter, eggs, brown sugar, milk, sour cream and vanilla together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir just until combined.
- Pipe the thick batter into the donut pans using a large ziploc with a snipped corner.
- Fill each halfway and press some crumbs on top of each one.
- Bake 11-13 minutes.
- Cool and dust with confectioner's sugar.
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Blog