- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup salted butter, cut into Tablespoon pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ tsp Maldon salt, optional
- In a heavy-bottomed large pot, combine sugar and water.
- Put heat on medium high and let sugar melt.
- Stir to help sugar along.
- Once dissolved, stop stirring and let it come to a boil.
- Boil until the sugar is dark amber in color and swirl pot now and again to help it cook evenly.
- Once the sugar is amber add the butter and stir to melt it.
- Remove heat and slowly/carefully pour in the cream.
- Keep stirring until smooth.
- Pour in a glass measuring cup or jar to let cool.
- Add salt if using.
- Keep in fridge once cooled!
Adapted from Cooking Classy-visit this blog for other awesome recipes!