Everyone is always looking for a new fancy app to share with their guests! This appetizer is so delicious your guests will beg for the recipe. The glaze is easily made with mustard and apricot jam making the perfect oven glaze! I used a kosher Hebrew National salami for this. When you slice the salami, you won’t cut all the way through. That is how you achieve a very nice looking presentation for your glazed salami! Try this at your next party or gathering. You can’t go wrong with a glazed salami!
Notice how the cuts do not go all the way through. You want the salami to remain attached.
Look how pretty the glaze looks after baking in the oven!
- 1 whole salami- Hebrew National
- 12 oz jar apricot preserves
- 4 oz Dijon mustard
- Slice salami about 1/4 inch thick, but do not slice all the way through.
- Stir together the preserves and msutard and brush it all over the salami-especially in between the cuts.
- Let sit at least 30 mins in fridge or longer.
- Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes.
- To brown it more, pop in the broiler just a few mins watching carefully.
- Serve with extra marinade as a dip.
Adapted from Princesspinkygirl