Well here is a new twist on sugary, overly sweet doughnuts….SAVORY doughnuts. These macaroni and cheese doughnuts are incredibly fun for the kids to eat- and grown ups, too! I purchased my doughnut pan through Amazon—>here.
If your kids love mac and cheese then this is a must try! Would be a fun treat on April Fool’s Day too if you tell everyone they can have “doughnuts” for dinner. hee hee!
You may also love:
- 8 ounces elbows
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 Ritz crackers, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cracker crumbs, one tablespoon of melted butter, and ½ cup of shredded cheese. Set aside for the topping.
- Cook elbows.
- Drain, return to pot and coat with rest of the butter.
- Stir in the egg.
- Mix in the milk and the remaining shredded cheese.
- Add flour and stir.
- Spoon into a greased donut pan.
- Sprinkle the topping you made over each.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Thanks to Suzy for posting such beauties on her facebook page! And adapted from Tastemade