High Heel Cheesecake
I made this for Mother’s Day and it was a show stopper! This fabulous cheesecake recipe is adapted from my Cheesecake Bestie, Debbie at Say Cheesecake. I also like to refer to her as the cheesecake hotline! I just love how thick the cheesecake came out!!!
You may need:
This fabulous high heel mold!
High Heel Cheesecake
- 3 c. Nilla Wafer Crumbs
- 2 T. sugar
- 12 T. melted butter
- 5 packages cream cheese soft (8 ounces each)
- 200 grams sour cream
- 2.5 T. heavy cream
- 1 ½ T. vanilla
- 350 grams sugar
- 5 T. cornstarch
- 5 eggs
- raspberry jam I used with seeds Use a few T. for each layer of swirling.
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4. powdered sugar
- 1 T. dry powdered milk
- 9 ounces fresh raspberries
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ⅓ c. water
- 3 T. hot water mixed with 1 T. cornstarch
- Merckens chocolates
- white chocolate for decorating
- Mix all and press on the bottom and up sides of a 9 inch removable bottom Fat Daddio pan.
- Bake on a rack lined cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- In a mixer beat cream cheese on medium a few mins until smooth.
- Add sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla, sugar , cornstarch and beat on low.
- Once smooth, add eggs on low.
- Pour into cooled crust. (I poured in half, added some jam and swirled it with a knife. Then I poured on the rest and swirled some more jam onto the top.)
- Bake at 225 for 3 hours.
- Shut oven off and leave cake inside 1 hour to cool.
- Then, crack door open for another hour as it cools to room temp.
- Remove and chill overnight.
- Freeze bowl and beater 15 mins.
- Whip cream to soft peaks with sugar.
- Add powdered milk and whip stiff!
- Pipe onto cake.
- Combine berries, sugar and water in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer and cook about 6 minutes until all berries are broken.
- Push through a sieve to remove all seeds and return mixture to pot.
- Bring up to a simmer and add the cornstarch/water slurry.
- Cook 1 -2 mins until thick.
- Let cool and pour into a squeeze bottle with piping tip.
- Pour chocolate into clipped mold.
- Pour out excess and freeze 15.
- Add a second coat and repeat.
- Carefully unmold.
- I used a piping bag to decorate the trim with white chocolate and sprinkles,
- I used a dab of white chocolate on the bottom to help it adhere to the cheesecake.
- Then pipe on the whipped cream and drizzle with raspberry sauce.