All I can say is this stuff is crazy delicious! Like move over Friendly’s – I am making my own hot fudge now – kind of delicious! You can use this on your ice cream sundaes, on your cheesecake or my personal favorite….right out of the jar! Once you make homemade hot fudge, you will never buy the jarred kind again!
This would make a fabulous gift tied with a ribbon and a gallon of ice cream/sprinkles!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Karo light corn syrup
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 2 ounces milk chocolate
- Combine the butter, cream, sugar, corn syrup, cocoa, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer on low and keep stirring. Do this for 3-5 mins.
- Once melted, remove heat and stir in the chocolates.
- Let cool before chilling it.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge!
- To reheat gently microwave.
Adapted from the wonderful Smitten Kitchen!